FZR600 missing on one cylinder

shawn corey
This post is 4770 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i pulled my 98 FZR600 out today after sitting in the garage for the winter and after i finally got it started i noticed it was missing on one cylinder. i checked all the sparkplug wires for spark and they were fine. i put some new gas in with seafoam and ran the bike at high rpm for a while and still number 3 cylinder isn't firing. i figured out it was number 3 by taking the airbox off and spraying some starting fluid at each carb while it was running. i sprayed each carb individually and the idle wasn't affected when i sprayed number 3.

my question is, what should i try next? i figured i'd get some new spark plugs since it's cheap. but if that doesn't work what should i do?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i pulled my 98 FZR600 out today after sitting in the garage for the winter and after i finally got it started i noticed it was missing on one cylinder. i checked all the sparkplug wires for spark and they were fine. i put some new gas in with seafoam and ran the bike at high rpm for a while and still number 3 cylinder isn't firing. i figured out it was number 3 by taking the airbox off and spraying some starting fluid at each carb while it was running. i sprayed each carb individually and the idle wasn't affected when i sprayed number 3.

my question is, what should i try next? i figured i'd get some new spark plugs since it's cheap. but if that doesn't work what should i do?

I know you said the spark plugs are fine, but did you try switching #3 out with one of the others?

I know you said the spark plugs are fine, but did you try switching #3 out with one of the others?

good call. i'm actually just gonna go buy 4 new spark plugs tomorrow. hopefully it will help but honestly, i've never had a cylinder completely stop firing because a spark plug was bad. usually it seems like they just start running rough before they completely fail.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online