Evening from sheffield

fli
This post is 4756 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening, thought id join this forum as theres not much on the net about my bike, ive got a sachs roadster 125 v-twin. Uses the same engine as the virago its a cracking bike, ive uploaded a pic so you can have a look. It could do with a clean to be honest lol.

DSC00011.jpg:P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome from a few junctions down the M1.

The dog doesn't look impressed but I like it :D

Had it since september, was bought as a cat d, but theres not that many of em around anymore, shame cause there a lovely bike. Im thinking of selling it soon and going for a two stroke though.

Down south then DT? And im thinking a buying a dt125 old git, Four strokes are decent but you cant beat a 2 stroke :P

I was going to say welcome, but you buggered it up by dissing the 4 strokes :P

I didnt diss four strokes lol ive had two, just wanting too try a two stroke this year, ill see what reliabilitys like then ill probably end up going back to four stroke :D

Down south then DT? And im thinking a buying a dt125 old git, Four strokes are decent but you cant beat a 2 stroke :P

Sort of. I am a Londoner and used to work out of Chesterfield but an mid middle lands at the moment.

As for the 2 v 4 debate, it depends what you use them for. 2 stroke for the smell and ease of working, 4 for clean and most commuting.

What would you say would be best two stroke to go for, not really bothered about the aprillia rs, wanting somethimg more like the DT.

What would you say would be best two stroke to go for, not really bothered about the aprillia rs, wanting somethimg more like the DT.

For me, an affordable classic. DT's are great but vary on what cc you go for. 175's are very popular (if you have a full license) and demand is high for all the old classics, for all mainstream manufacturers. I would say that you are best to look for one with a V5 and as complete as possible. Some parts are hard to find and a lot have been taken off road and abused. a good, straight frame is key and matching (or close) engine and frame numbers are sought after. You can change or replace anything except the frame (otherwise it is a different bike). Only look for a "rough" one if you have the cash, time, dedication and ability to work on it. Evilbay is a good place to price up bikes and parts but decide if you want an original or if you don't mind having non stock plastics etc on it.

Write a list of what you want from it. Show winner, fun, longevity, building mechanical skills, to keep or not....... remember to factor in any tools, lubes, oils, paints etc you would need.

Just keep away from Chinese ones.

i were just looking at getting a dt125, its like you say though most have been hammered off road, id probably go for a late 90s DT rather than a newer one.

No disrespect but most 125's of that vintage would have been badly looked after by "younger folk" with little cash. Go careful and view every bike. Look for damage. Most would also have had little maintenance and a lot are bodged, just to keep them running. Also factor it that knackered tyres, chain/sprockets, brake pads, exhaust, poweralves cost a few quid.

I would always say - why not put two grand aside and spend two hundred into a full license? Much more choice for the same money. Trails are generally lower power so, in a lot of cases, there is no need to even restrict them.

Ive been tempted to get my license but i dont like the idea of being restricted for two year, How much is it for test i was told a few day ago it was around 700 mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online