riding like a twat

skyline
This post is 7095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pleased to hear you are ok. makes us all think a little more. Had my knee replaced last year got really frustrated not being able to ride or drive, but don't worry it won't hurt when its better. Good luck

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Urrrgh... knee replacement ?

That sounds like pure horrific stuff ?

I hope you had the cyberdyne systems Ti replacement with the 7 speed sequential gearshift ?

God that sounds so painful.....

Pain and trauma is something I generally try to avoid in life to I'll be doing my utmost not to go down the road at high speed.

What did they replace, was it the cap or the entire joint ?

Justthe knee cap at the moment they are trying to sort out my spine and then see if that helps the knees, I am a disabled rider, this is one of the reasons I can not have the sort of bike I would like, half the bikes I can not even get on let alone hold, but it does not stop me enjoying bikes and going places, just had a very cold weekend at a rally in Gloustershire and off to Cornwall for Christmas, but I am looking for something a little bigger now I have been back on the road for 12 months, but not sure yet what to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey missy, no getting your knee cap down then ?

I hope your back and bits get fixed up ok, it's amazing what they can do these days and even more amazing that people like yourself who have had surgery to this extent can get it together and get back on a bike - hat off to you.

If you are down in the SW next summer, there's a rally being organised by a few of the forums online. It's a private or rather 'exclusive' sort of event as we don't want any old naff floating in. I'll post the details of it when it's a bit more organised and confirmed. Maybe some of the crowd here can make it.

Mind how you go.

No worries, the plan is to cover the whole area in a weekend run - barbie and camp at strategic locations along the way and so on.

If it comes off I'll be posting details here anyhow - should be a good few days.

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online