yamaha ybr 125 not starting

guyster1973uk
This post is 4772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello folks i recently bought a 06 yamaha ybr 125 from a family member. the bike wont start and i have noticed the heater plug going into carburettor has been damaged.would the heater plug prevent the bike from starting because ive been told by garages it should not stop it starting up and been told by other garages it should not stop it starting up.

plz hlp lol.im a newbie to bikes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello folks i recently bought a 06 yamaha ybr 125 from a family member. the bike wont start and i have noticed the heater plug going into carburettor has been damaged.would the heater plug prevent the bike from starting because ive been told by garages it should not stop it starting up and been told by other garages it should not stop it starting up.

plz hlp lol.im a newbie to bikes

Hi,

There are few things I would check before start playing with the carb.

My suggestion - begin with engine cranking check. You can remove the spark plug and use the kick starter to see if the piston is moving. At the same time you can check the spark as well (attach the spark plug to the cable and keep the sparkplug in contact with the engine body while cranking the engine).Check the oil. Next thing is the fuel. Old fuel can cause start problems. You can drain the old petrol and put some fresh fuel.That's in case the bike has not been used last few months.

Air filter cleaning and oil change are good thing to do as well, bu they should not be preventing engine start.

Hi,

There are few things I would check before start playing with the carb.

My suggestion - begin with engine cranking check. You can remove the spark plug and use the kick starter to see if the piston is moving. At the same time you can check the spark as well (attach the spark plug to the cable and keep the sparkplug in contact with the engine body while cranking the engine).Check the oil. Next thing is the fuel. Old fuel can cause start problems. You can drain the old petrol and put some fresh fuel.That's in case the bike has not been used last few months.

Air filter cleaning and oil change are good thing to do as well, bu they should not be preventing engine start.

the engine does crank over it just wont start.ive been told by yamaha dealership if the heater plug is damaged theres a good chance the bike wont start up.had to order new part waiting on it coming into dealership £32 nearly fainted at the price for such a small part lol

• 2 weeks later...

the engine does crank over it just wont start.ive been told by yamaha dealership if the heater plug is damaged theres a good chance the bike wont start up.had to order new part waiting on it coming into dealership £32 nearly fainted at the price for such a small part lol

happy days!! we finally found the fault. there was petrol sitting at bottom of carburettor that didnt smell very strong( think it turned it sour after all it had been sitting doing nothing for 2 yrs in a garage) so we cleaned the jet and also cleaned the needle as well put it all back together bike started first time

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online