RD500LC

This post is 4768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all Yamaha owners,I currently own a 2010 Honda Fireblade in the HRC colours.I am wanting to re live my youth and am looking to get hold of a Yamaha RD500LC in excellent condition which i want to restore to original factory condition, but all depending on price.

Edited by drewpy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome steve" expect to pay in excess of £5K, There a scarce sought after model ,,,,, canna beat the two-strokes eh :rolleyes:

Hi to all Yamaha owners,I currently own a 2010 Honda Fireblade in the HRC colours.I am wanting to re live my youth and am looking to get hold of a Yamaha RD500LC in excellent condition which i want to restore to original factory condition, but all depending on price.If anyone has any info of the best place to pick one up please e mail me on [email protected] (United Kingdom) Best Regards

Excellent choice of motorcyle!!

won't see him again, typical.

That's why we prefer peeps to introduce themselves, they tend to stay then

Yep. Shame really, it is a nice bike. I have been lucky to have ridden one on many occasions and quite enjoyed it. A mate and I used to swap so he would ride my GSXR and I would ride the RD. I seem to remember he took it to Le Mans one year when we went.

There do seem to be a lot of people who say hello and then are never heard from again! Either that or they say hello, ask a question, and are never heard from again.

Yep. Shame really, it is a nice bike. I have been lucky to have ridden one on many occasions and quite enjoyed it. A mate and I used to swap so he would ride my GSXR and I would ride the RD. I seem to remember he took it to Le Mans one year when we went.

There do seem to be a lot of people who say hello and then are never heard from again! Either that or they say hello, ask a question, and are never heard from again.

Yes but it really sucked when we used to reply to a problem, which can sometimes take a while, what with looking manuals or online searches in sites that will give the info and then get bugger all thanks. Esp when if you look in the profile they have been on after your reply. So they have turned up asked the question, got the answer then fked of without so much as a please or thank you.

I think the intro bit is a very valid and worthwhile part of the forum and does seem to stop the oneposters. ;)

Right guys, lets get one thing straight. I appreciate all help when it comes sourcing information as i am serious about my taste in bikes. but i dont expect to be verbally abused just because i havent replied as of yet.Is this what your chat forum is all about or are you bored and looking to have a go.Once again thanks to all respectful people for the advice.

Personally I do think it was a bit cheeky to open with such a blatant wanted ad. Just say hello and share your love of 2 strokes with us and feel the love back.

The other thing is I wouldn't want to openly put your email address online as you will get bombarded with trash emails from all the email harvesters.

Right guys, lets get one thing straight. I appreciate all help when it comes sourcing information as i am serious about my taste in bikes. but i dont expect to be verbally abused (Mr Drewpy) just because i haven replied as of yet.Is this what your chat forum is all about or are you bored and looking to have a go.Once again thanks to all respectful people for the advice.

you'll be the one grinning from ear to ear once you've ridden an RD500 no one can spoil that....take it form one who knows B)B)

Right guys, lets get one thing straight. I appreciate all help when it comes sourcing information as i am serious about my taste in bikes. but i dont expect to be verbally abused (Mr Drewpy) just because i haven replied as of yet.Is this what your chat forum is all about or are you bored and looking to have a go.Once again thanks to all respectful people for the advice.

Cor thats not being verbally abused on here :lol: . Only proper ankers get that treatment.... Its just your type of question is normally a single post, glorified wanted ad thats all.

Personally i think its a pipe dream as anything RD500 shaped, even ringers on e-bay are selling for 3500quid upwards. Genuine low mileage UK bikes can go heading for twice that, more if they have some fancy history or are REALLY low milage.

They have some silly quirks too, cranks die at or around 20000 apparently, the exhaust cooks the rear shock as it sits between the bottom pipes under the motor. The engine is really sensitive to set up, 4carbs and 4 powervalves, which all have to work precicely together but you are hamperd buy induction differences between the front and rear cyl's.

As to finding one to do up...... I wish you all the luck in the world with that, fellow i got my TDR250 from had one he'd done up to as new and had bought a busted one for parts and that had took him over 2 years most of which was time spent searching for stuff, the busted up one was a write off and it was apparently a bargain at a 'couple of grand' IIRC, he was selling the TDR to finance finishing off.

Best of luck

have to agree with nets you will have a huge grin great bike.nice fireblade mate been out at weekend with a mate who has one. lost me on the straights.the forum police on here like you to tell us a bit about yourself ie where your from etc, but agree dont put your e mail adress up unless you want a penis enlargement. :D

........................ but agree dont put your e mail adress up unless you want a penis enlargement. :D

Where is that thread? How do I apply?

The RD500's are Ok but I didn't think anything special. They are a very deep pocket job. My mates used to clog up all the time, and that was when it was new !!

Thanks for the very useful feedback on the issues relating to the 500LC and apologies for the intro. It wasnt supposed to be an advertisement.I am in no hurry to get hold of a bike but if the timing is right and its what i want then i will make the person an offer.Best Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online