Marker lights

Rust
This post is 4832 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello , I was Wanting to remove the marker lights , to perhaps snug them to the bike , they look like they're in 3 pieces ....?

Im looking at the "wire" connection and wondering if it has to be cut to removed, as it does not look as it will pull through ...? how would i go about removing these....I will take precautions and disconnect the battery before I begin .

should i begin at the bulb end or disconnect the "wire" connection , that i have followed to the headlight bucket.

Also wondering if its ok to start a new thread with each question I have...?Im new to forums, and having trouble posting pictures, it states that there is an error , to log in , or that the picture is too large.

Thanks for your time !

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello , I was Wanting to remove the marker lights , to perhaps snug them to the bike , they look like they're in 3 pieces ....?

Im looking at the "wire" connection and wondering if it has to be cut to removed, as it does not look as it will pull through ...? how would i go about removing these....I will take precautions and disconnect the battery before I begin .

should i begin at the bulb end or disconnect the "wire" connection , that i have followed to the headlight bucket.

Also wondering if its ok to start a new thread with each question I have...?Im new to forums, and having trouble posting pictures, it states that there is an error , to log in , or that the picture is too large.

Thanks for your time !

anyone add aftermarket marker lights ,to a xs400 , what is the method? I'm hoping to be able to cut an inch or so out of the "shaft" thats between the bulb housing and the mount on the bike...any thoughts ?

thanks again