carb swap on FJ1200

fj86er
This post is 4843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own an 86 FJ1200 that I'm trying to hop up a bit, I've been offered a set of carbs and 4 into 1 Yoshimura pipes from an 1100.

My question is basically, will these pieces fit my motor?

any help on this is appreciated

Robb

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I own an 86 FJ1200 that I'm trying to hop up a bit, I've been offered a set of carbs and 4 into 1 Yoshimura pipes from an 1100.

My question is basically, will these pieces fit my motor?

any help on this is appreciated

Robb

Hi Robb

The carbs will not fit due to the fact that the 1100 had a gravity/vacum feed petrol line, and the 1200 run a petrol pump, you will have trouble stopping the petrol running out of the overflow. The pipes on the other hand are a straight swap, but you might have to play around a bit with the silencer hanger.

Sorry re-read your post and i see that you have a 86, in that case I think that your 12 has no petrol pump and a swap to the 1100 carbs is possible.

Adam.

Hi Robb

The carbs will not fit due to the fact that the 1100 had a gravity/vacum feed petrol line, and the 1200 run a petrol pump, you will have trouble stopping the petrol running out of the overflow. The pipes on the other hand are a straight swap, but you might have to play around a bit with the silencer hanger.

Sorry re-read your post and i see that you have a 86, in that case I think that your 12 has no petrol pump and a swap to the 1100 carbs is possible.

Adam.

thanks for the reply.....I'll do the swap when the weather gets warmer over here in Canada and keep everyone posted.