Speedometer replacement XV125

MoreBeer
This post is 4861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there,

As my Speedometer has a non working bulb, and because it's scratched to hell I have decided to repalce the Speedometer on my Virago XV125. As getting an official speedo is either too expensive, or like gold dust, I'm looking at a 'universal' speedometer.

Basicall wondering if a speedo like the below will connect to the existing speedo cable etc?

Speedometer 1

or:

Speedometer 2

If so that would be cool, and save me some cash! Saving cash is good, just cost me £150 to get my other bike through it's MOT!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

lol that 2nd one is funny 145 miles on clock but only 1 hours use! ......yeah ok then :lol:

but yeah as far as i know the actual drive for the speedo is universal but its the connections to the wheel that are different.

best go with the new one from the "shop" then you can send it back if for some reason it dont fit (but it should do)

lol that 2nd one is funny 145 miles on clock but only 1 hours use! ......yeah ok then :lol:

but yeah as far as i know the actual drive for the speedo is universal but its the connections to the wheel that are different.

best go with the new one from the "shop" then you can send it back if for some reason it dont fit (but it should do)

Yeah I just listed those two as an example :) I might just order one from M&P as they do them too.

Thanks for the advice Paul

speedo 1 looks ok pal. remember it mite need calibrating to ur bike a little. also theres a gear thing (just screws inline with speedo) u can fit to ur speedo to convert to kph or mph or visa versa.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online