Uk circuits...

Guest JMW
This post is 7106 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can't believe there's such a severe limit on noise at Castle Coombe, a stock RGV got booted off the other day for being too noisey - what's that all about.

Seems that noise is a big issue at a lot of circuits, does anyone know if Thruxton is..

a. Any good ?

b. Has noise limits ?

c. Cheap to hire ?

J

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Cant wait to get back to the uk to take my virgin bike round the track :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

All club meetings held at every UK circuit have a blanket 105db limit. there is also + & - 2db for the noise meter. Your best bet is to race when it's p8ss8ng down with rain because noise testing can't be done when its raining.

Although noise testing is done by ACU officials circuits like Croft, Oulton and possibly Castle Combe have a tester present from the council. At majority of circuits only a small percentage of bikes are randomly tested but Croft, Oulton all bikes are tested. Normally if a bike is over the noise limit then the rider is given the opportunity to quieten the machine down ie repack the silencer and submit the bike for another test. I must admit most of the bikes I've been involved in testing are usually registering between 98 - 104db.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online