YZF 600 Question

saracen
This post is 4827 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks,

New to the site and back on two wheels after a decade and a half sitting on four wheels....

My YZF 600 (1994) is being put away for the winter, approx 2 months, i want to turn the fuel off and drain the carbs to stop any potential problems that may occur later.

Can any one tell me where i can locate the fuel shut off valve on this bike, I dont even know if it has one...

Failing this , can you tell me what other options are available

Thanks

Z.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I know the YZF 125 doesn't have a prominent fuel valve. But earlier models of the YZF 600 may do but I know on the current ones they don't (they're usually located on the side of the bike under the gas tank?)

This is pretty vague but I believe that's what you were asking

• 1 month later...

Hello,

if you sit on the cat, you must take over the gas tank and then on the left side... there you find it. And then, start the bike bis the gas is over because the oil must be out of the pipes. Sorry for my englisch, i`m from germany. For more informations send me a Private Message please. Sandra