Yam engine diagram

WRpaddy
This post is 4805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gents.

Im after diagram of the engine in my WR125r. Theres a couple of parts i want to find out about.

1st is a little black "valve" type with a airpipe from the airbox through this "valve" into my exaust (just down from the manifold)

This is just a guess but does it blow Cold air into my exaust to lower emmissions? If so surely this will reduce back pressure obviously reduceing power.

Also can anyone reccoment me a full pipe for my bike?

Many thanks Paddy

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gents.

Im after diagram of the engine in my WR125r. Theres a couple of parts i want to find out about.

1st is a little black "valve" type with a airpipe from the airbox through this "valve" into my exaust (just down from the manifold)

This is just a guess but does it blow Cold air into my exaust to lower emmissions? If so surely this will reduce back pressure obviously reduceing power.

Also can anyone reccoment me a full pipe for my bike?

Many thanks Paddy

yes i had something like this on my honda Vigor,i asked the bloke at the local bike shop what it was all about apparently it is too fool people in to thinking the exhaust gases are cleaner, it introduces air into the exhaust and lowers the percentage of gas coming out of the other end, so does nothing really, i removed mine and blanked off all the holes to no detriment too the bike, it is just like adding water too beer makes it weaker but in this case you still get the same pollutants coming out just they a re spread around more

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online