TT600RE Speedo Lights

dmw_ops
This post is 4931 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is probably a silly question but can anyone confirm that the TT600RE speedo should illuminate when the light are on.?

If as I believe the answer is yes any advise on how to replace the bulbs as, as it's now dark I've just noticed mine is not visible at night.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, the speedo should be illuminated.

I'm doing this from memory (as I replaced my speedo with a trailtech Vector), but you need to get in under the speedo unit. I think you have to remove the plastic cowl with the two bolts, one either side, that also hold the headlight in place.

Once you can see the underside of the speedo the bulb holder is pretty obvious, it pulls out (or it might have a retaining screw) and you can change the bulb.

Yes, the speedo should be illuminated.

I'm doing this from memory (as I replaced my speedo with a trailtech Vector), but you need to get in under the speedo unit. I think you have to remove the plastic cowl with the two bolts, one either side, that also hold the headlight in place.

Once you can see the underside of the speedo the bulb holder is pretty obvious, it pulls out (or it might have a retaining screw) and you can change the bulb.

Many thanks for the info, guess what I'll be doing at the weekend :-)

Wow the Trail Tech Vector looks like the dogs, was it easy to fit/install..?

Wow the Trail Tech Vector looks like the dogs, was it easy to fit/install..?

The wiring was a bit fiddly, but now it's sorted I could supply you with a map (after having a poke about). The Vector is a IMO device and much more use for Enduros, but it gives great readouts and it can be super accurate (once you set your wheel sizes). Also it is very quick at speed changes (something other digital readouts are a bit slow on). The guys at Trailtech are pretty helpfull too, I just told them what bike, they sent me the right bits.

I needed to make up a small bracket, but I did it in a way that it just fits into the same mounting. If you can cut and shape alluminium then it's a piece of cake. Trailtech can supply a mount that fixes it to your bars though if fabrication isn't your thing.

I changed it because the OE speedo just stoped working, and from looking for a 2nd hand one, it seams it's a common problem.

Apparently there is another unit that has a GPS in built too!

The wiring was a bit fiddly, but now it's sorted I could supply you with a map (after having a poke about). The Vector is a IMO device and much more use for Enduros, but it gives great readouts and it can be super accurate (once you set your wheel sizes). Also it is very quick at speed changes (something other digital readouts are a bit slow on). The guys at Trailtech are pretty helpful too, I just told them what bike, they sent me the right bits.

I needed to make up a small bracket, but I did it in a way that it just fits into the same mounting. If you can cut and shape aluminium then it's a piece of cake. Trailtech can supply a mount that fixes it to your bars though if fabrication isn't your thing.

I changed it because the OE speedo just stopped working, and from looking for a 2nd hand one, it seams it's a common problem.

Apparently there is another unit that has a GPS in built too!

Thanks for this sounds interesting don't suppose you have a photo of yours on the bike that you wouldn't mind posting..?

Thanks for this sounds interesting don't suppose you have a photo of yours on the bike that you wouldn't mind posting..?

I don't but a mate has asked the same question, so I'll go get one. Then the problem of sorting out my FTP site as it has taken a bit of a hissy fit with me......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online