Yamah YBR 125 2010 Break in engine

Dan0692
This post is 4960 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ohhhhhhhhkay hey guys, i'm new here!

Looking upon the deal of the 0% finance that's going on at the moment with the YBR's and i'm getting into this on Tuesday.

I'm just wondering as to how to break the engine in. I know manufacturers say that you need to, essentially, baby it, but i've read

in places that you need to just vary speeds and gears, don't rag it, but don't baby it either, just ride it how you normally would.

This is so the piston rings set and don't glaze. I'm just wondering as to what the best method of breaking in an engine for a YBR is.

I'd also like to add another question totally off topic. I noticed that the side panels (the new fairing on the 2010 model) has 'YBR 125' stickered onto it, but it looks like a very poor sticker (white background). I was just wondering whether or not that was covering the actual vinyl, or if that is the actual sticker. If it's the actual sticker it's quite poor

Thanks,

Dan

:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest CardBoardDave

Take it easy built up the revs in stages dont labour or thrash it :rolleyes: cause belive me it might fly for a bit but its all down hill from there

0-100 miles dont take it above 35mph and use the gears (dont rev the bike more than u need to )

change oil

100-300 miles push the bike to 40mph and use the gears like above but every 50 miles push it to 50 then back to 40 straight away

300- 600 take the bike up to 50mph

service when its ment to be serviced

600- 1000 take it to 60mph (but dont run the revs high!)

after 1000 miles ride it normaly up to 60mph

2000 miles go down a hill and try and get about 65mph 70 at a push but dont run the revs high

2500 miles sit back and enjoy ur bike.

That's a lot to think about for a new and first bike!

Most of the roads back from my local dealers are national speed limit, and I don't want people overtaking me it's dangerous! So I might have to take it around 50/60 for 5 minutes at the most

So you wouldn't recommend Moto Mans way of breaking in an engine?

Thanks for the advice

well the way that i posted is just the safest way to run in an engine so that it will last! but ul find itl only take about 2 months if that to put 2k miles on it (if you use it like i do every day) but that way you have no chance of blowing it or killing the engine in any way just keep it up to date with the service and change the oil regularly and ul be fine!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online