Help for vertically challenged

rockerdog
This post is 4963 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, New Boy here ! I have bought a 1990 XJ900F and love it to bits 'cos it rides like my old CB750.

Now here's the thing, I am Poor, and short!

Have taken 2" of padding out of the seat but the ground is still a bit hit or miss and I have to shift from one leg to another

depending on camber etc. Now.........................

What shorter shocks can I fling on to lower Bike by about 2" ?

there is Mucho "Gap" between Tyre & Rear Mudguard, I would like to get some from a breakers all I need is a make & model of

something that would do the job.

I can relocate the bracket rearwards on the O/S swing arm & make up a bracket for the shaft side, but that all gets a little "Intense" and I need a quick, Cheap Fix.

can anyone Help?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just be aware that when you lower the rear, make sure you drop your front forks too. As the bike lowers at the rear, the distance between your wheels increases (yes it's very smal), and this also aters the rake on the front. so lowering your fork brings the wheelbase and rake back int spec.

You should feel a difference in handling after lowering, you might not, and you might even like it...... it's a very personal thing is suspension settings.

Hmmm, just entered the land of the Unsure! My Bike is a 1990 with conventional Twin rear shock set up, the diagrams appear to refer to the later Diversion

Monoshock set up- will this do?

Probably not then, they are for the monoshock ones, easiest way would be to get shorter shox from hagon etc, but not cheap alas.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online