first run yamaha gt80

buddy111
This post is 4992 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well after going through her with a fine tooth comb im having problems getting the gt80 to start. cleaned the carb very good all the nooks and cranys.....the oil pump injector is the only new thing that i hooked up that wasnt there before...previous owner used pr-mix 32:1 i found a oil tank on e-bay and connected all the hoses again and on the initial start everything seemed to be ok then it felt like it was starving for air?? full throttle and just barely over a idle. then it died and will start again but then just dies...hmmmmmm any ideas guys is there a adjustment on the oiler?? i guess back to the work bench for a little trouble shooting...again i would appreciate any suggestions

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the plug was wet and the adjustments were also correct....here is what i found may be the culprit...inside the carb on the intake side is a bushing that fits on the intake nozzle before sliding the carb on...mine has split in it...is it suppose to be like that or is suppose to be complete with split???? i think its sucking air from there but not for sure..let me know what you think i do appreciate the help

buddy

also would love to post some pics but not sure how to do that ... i see where it says insert image but i get a http/ thing not sure what to do??

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online