XJ600 vibration!

gearboxkart
This post is 5013 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all :D on my H reg Pre-divvy xj600 with 32k on the clock i seem to be getting what i think is a serious buzzing/vibes thru the bars and footpegs to the extent both hands get serious pins/needles to the point where i have to stop as all feeling is gone in my hands more the right than the left, at least i can take my left hand off and give it a shake etc to get feeling back,i travel 51mile each way to work every day 50/50 town/dual carriage way.

Last week i bought and fitted original bar end weights as it didnt have any when i bought the bike didnt make any difference i could feel, iv checked the exhaust and its clear of the frame etc, iv checked the chain isnt too tight and thats ok 28mm top-bottom movement, i also removed the 2 long engine mounting bolts and mounting rubbers and checked cleaned and regreased them both yeterday.

Even when bikes on centre stand and held at anything over 2000rpm you can feel it thru the grips but if you put the back of your hand on the frame i carnt feel any vibes at all just seems to be thru the bars ! weird !

Iv had umpteen bikes over the years but havent had this prob before, i had 2 xj900s when i was courering for 5 yr and didnt notice it on them ! or maybe they have all had vibes and its just my age (52) catching up with me ! ;) havent riden bike for 2 days and me finger tips are still getting pins/needles a bit :mellow: , im eyeing an FJ1200 at the mo so hopefully if i get that it will all be sorted......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi have you checked the headstock & front wheel bearings ? try pulling the clutch in when riding if the vibes stop it will probably be engine related , maybe just a loose mounting bolt at best ....R

thx for the reply, i had all the engine mountings out yesterday and greased everything up so everything is nice and tight mounting wise, its deffo a vibe from the motor somewhere as it vibes like a old chain saw even on the stand, but nothing can be felt on the frame or engine just thru the handlebars its weird.

Just as a matter of interest, when did you last change the oil ?

Em B)

Oil was changed last week as i do 600 mile a week to/from work so i change oil every month, plugs/caps were changed last week also, the brake doesnt make any difference when its on the stand or the road, just been out in the garage and had a good feel round the bike just using the back of my hand when its running, theres no vibes hardly at all on the frame, the tank and rear alloy passenger grab handle do buzz like bee tho and deffo thru the grips, the mirrors btw are clear as day no distortion at any speeds they are always well useable compared to some bikes iv had.

any1 else with 1 of these pre divvy xj's do you get vibes as above if so the bikes proberly fine and for some reason maybe iv got wrist probs ! 30 odd yr riding bikes must cause some wrist probs or thats what im thinking atm :o

Oil was changed last week as i do 600 mile a week to/from work so i change oil every month, plugs/caps were changed last week also, the brake doesnt make any difference when its on the stand or the road, just been out in the garage and had a good feel round the bike just using the back of my hand when its running, theres no vibes hardly at all on the frame, the tank and rear alloy passenger grab handle do buzz like bee tho and deffo thru the grips, the mirrors btw are clear as day no distortion at any speeds they are always well useable compared to some bikes iv had.

any1 else with 1 of these pre divvy xj's do you get vibes as above if so the bikes proberly fine and for some reason maybe iv got wrist probs ! 30 odd yr riding bikes must cause some wrist probs or thats what im thinking atm :o

Chief,

I'm no expert, but it might do some good to balance your carbs

Good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online