XT125R Speed secrets

Kieran Hughes
This post is 4703 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

heya i just got an 09 one with 650 on the clock. max i have had out of it was 65 down a hill in 4th gear. it gos slower in 5th for me :/.

kinda sad after having a sick dt125r that got stolen :( that got to 75 in the same time as the xt gets to 35.

the xt is great for knocking around town though just the accel and top end is pathetic. i read somewhere there is nothing you can do about restrictions??? i could be wrong and would also like to know!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling kinda cocky bout this :/ cause mines does 70 and 75 down hill :P in 5th gear! no updates to it,, and 6.4k miles on the clock i done 3k miles since april :P and still runs the same . i think as its only like 11 hp they are effected by weight but im like 12 an half stone and still managed it :/ so not too sure

• 6 months later...

Mine has a full arrow race exhaust, but was on there when i brought it so i don't personally know if it made a difference........the guy who sold it to me (a friend of a friend, so i can trust his opinion!) said that it made the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd significantly better but not much on the top end.... mine does 75 on a flat.........but i weight just less than ten stone.........advice? arrow system is expensive at around £300 but apparently worth it!!

• 4 months later...

i have a bit of a problem because i am 18 and a half stone and 6 foot 3 so an xt is a bit small and also didnt realise that till after i bought it so i am stuck but i ended up goin 83 down a hill and it was screaming i kinda thought i was gunna blow it up lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online