DTR 125 1996 revalve open, constant probs HELP plz

This post is 5100 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

i have just bought a yamaha 125 dtr off road,(year 1996 ) and the power valve has been tied open with a lace, .

what i want to know, will this cause any problems when riding it. !

also how much would it cost to have it re-connected to the throttle, again," been told today it will need the full throttle and cables purchasing for it, to work properly,

has anybody got 1 cheep as well,

any information would be very greatfull

many thanx

wayne

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

i have just bought a yamaha 125 dtr off road,(year 1996 ) and the power valve has been tied open with a lace, .

what i want to know, will this cause any problems when riding it. !

also how much would it cost to have it re-connected to the throttle, again," been told today it will need the full throttle and cables purchasing for it, to work properly,

has anybody got 1 cheep as well,

any information would be very greatfull

many thanx

wayne

It depends how the powervalve has been "tied open" and in what position. You say "open" but it could be that the valve is turned 180 degress in the port, which restricts the bike. Got any photo's of this lace? It should be pinned rather than tied.

Fully open it means you'll have all the power at higher revs and little until you get to around 6-7 i think, not sure as i've never had a rev counter! I'm sorting out an 89 DTr atm which will be pretty much the same, i've been told that turnign the valve slighting closed can help even out the power.

As far as damage goes. If you have it running at high revs, you'll be constantly riding it hard. Race bikes are set up like this and they tend to need piston replacements and re bores of the barrel. This costs up to £100. Aslong as your sensible you wont have this problem. Thats kinda the worst case scenario.

I'm also looking for a servo, cables etc to run the 89 im fixing up for my brother. I think you'll need a 3 wire version of the servo, which are very rare. I bought a 5 wire by mistake a week back and am sending it back today.

hi andy

thanx for the advice, i will get sum pictures later today, when i get it out,

it runs on normal revs, not full, the lace is tiad throught the holes were the cable goes from the throttle, ,

the lad i bought it off useto have it ona string to open and close the valve, by pulling the string, but then he just tied it open, (well thats what he said, ) but like you said, its only the laver that turns in the casing that is tied open, " pictures later"

the pictures will exsplain more pal, has it is hard to exsplain with me not having a clue about bikes, except to ride them lol.

also it's been stamped on the engine saying(92 recon d)

but the bike is supposed to be a 96, it is a previous stolen recovered, thats why it cant go on road, so he told me.

but not realy bothered, aslong as it runs fine and i can have a bit of fun on while my mates are on there KTM, CR'S KX etc lol

cheers

wayne

sorry for going on, if i have breached any of the site rules.

in a newbie ;-)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online