xt 125 r

This post is 5097 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all , after buying a xt125r and being a bit disapointed with the general performance , ok so 125s are low on power but this felt strangled to death !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when up at sheffield motorcycle centre i saw a full arrow exhaust system for £220.00 i thaught why not , had it fitted so as not to effect waranty , bike was better but only marginally , anyway after talking to steve the service manager it was decided to renew carb under waranty as it was very hard to start from new and tickover was very irratic and it was definatly a bad carb , it was also dyno tested and rejeted from 105 to 110 jet, well what a difference , revs to the moon and now goes very very well , ok its still only a 125 but i now have all the power in the little engine and it gets to 65 mph very quickly [for a 125] hope this could help anyone else with this type of machine .ps it sounds great to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all , after buying a xt125r and being a bit disapointed with the general performance , ok so 125s are low on power but this felt strangled to death !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when up at sheffield motorcycle centre i saw a full arrow exhaust system for £220.00 i thaught why not , had it fitted so as not to effect waranty , bike was better but only marginally , anyway after talking to steve the service manager it was decided to renew carb under waranty as it was very hard to start from new and tickover was very irratic and it was definatly a bad carb , it was also dyno tested and rejeted from 105 to 110 jet, well what a difference , revs to the moon and now goes very very well , ok its still only a 125 but i now have all the power in the little engine and it gets to 65 mph very quickly [for a 125] hope this could help anyone else with this type of machine .ps it sounds great to !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds great :D whats the top speed? im thinking of putting a mikuni carb on but in not sure if its 28mm i need. i have a micron 500 exhaust fitted to my 390c thunderkart and thinking about putting it on my xt as it gave ma kart a tad more top-end speed but nothing special and I'm kinda desperate to get a lil more power out of my xt cause trying to overtake anything at over 60 can be a bitch with a headwind :D when i first got it i got 69mph on a straight but now i cant get close to that only 67mph however downhill iv got 72 once put thats revving the balls of it. also when it says overboost is that good? :S

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online