magneto diagram 1975 DT250

This post is 5092 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

just wondering if anyone studied (and made a drawing) of the wiring under the flywheel - one thing i found while looking it over is one wire from the source coil goes to the condenser, and the other one is soldered to a jumper wire to the lighting coil,- is this correct? i need some basic theory -one end of the source coil is grounded and the other end goes to the condenser, ? all 4 of the leads coming out of the lighting coil (which i wont need) are continuous to ground- why is the source coil hooked to the lighting coil? (with the short heat insulated jumper)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The source coil for the ignition should be grounded at one end and seperate from the lighting coils. Sme with the lighting coils, grounded at one end.

The source coil for the ignition should be grounded at one end and seperate from the lighting coils. Sme with the lighting coils, grounded at one end.

thanks for the reply, thats what i thought- i have to wonder why Yamaha sent the source coil ground thru the lighting coil before it could get to ground , it sure does look stock ,with the braided cloth insulator on the coil to coil jumper, nonetheless, i found a NOS source coil on ebay , mine is pretty compromised,the clear sprayed on insulation has flaked off the wires in many places , and an area of winding that was hit and shorted , i suppose there is a preferred polarity in the source coil that i will want to adhere to, (stock), when installing the new one, another problem id found was the point wire needs to run alongside the cam , it did, and rubbed against it, and rubbed thru its insulation, (*probobly the biggest, or only, problem in this resurrection), grounding the point wire- i sure will have a nice spark when this is assembled- think ive had this bike 30 years

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online