Expensive stuff this Yamaha plastic

eyedee
This post is 5105 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I thought it was a bad joke when Yamaha hiked their bike prices this year (R6 from £7999 to £8999, R1 from £10999 to £12499 etc.) Then once you've shelled out for the bike I could hardly believe how much Yamaha charge for their aftermarket parts and accessories... £140 for a new screen (R1), £165 for a plastic rear seat cowl (R1 and R6), £55 for a pair of rear pillion peg covers (R6). I've found myself looking on eBay for parts but it seems its hard to find decent genuine kit. There are a couple of genuine seat cowls up for sale each month, and there's a set of rear pillion peg covers for good money, but on the whole it looks like there's no option than to buy aftermarket stuff (which varies dramatically in quality from my experience) or get shafted by Yamaha for overpriced kit. <_<

Still, at least the R6 is a blast to ride - kinda makes up for all the money spent! ;):thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its maybe this fact that spawned the stripped down streetfighters-rats and nakeds !

feckin ludicrous :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online