FZ600 track bike?

Syscrush
This post is 7201 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, it looks like I'm close to scoring a beat-up old FZ600 (NOT an FZR, an FZ), and I'm thinking that it would be cool to invest some effort in setting it up for the track and using it as a track bike for a couple of years until some other projects are out of the way and I can get to work on it - do a serious, radical customization.

What I was thinking in terms of track prep is just basic stuff - go over it and make sure everything's OK, safety wire, braided lines, HH pads, sport/street tires, RaceTech front end, 520 chain and sprockets and a jet kit. There's already a yosh pipe on it.

I want to be clear that my goal is NOT to break any lap records or anything like that, but to have a simple, reliable bike that I can take to a few track days a year to have some fun and sharpen my riding skills. Racing school is great, but it's a lot of dough for the amount of time you get on the track. I'm not interested in putting my daily rider bike at risk, so a cheap, old, relatively nimble air-cooled sportbike seems like a cool alternative.

Thoughts? Pointers? Other things I should consider?

Thanks a bunch,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

An FZ would make a Great Track Bike! 8)

Simple, easy to work on...& above all, Reliable :tu

Myself, I'd just love to find a cheap FZ....period. :wink:

Good Score Phil 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online