fsz fazer 600 starting problem

gibbrus
This post is 5158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there

i have recently bought 98 fazer 600 which i rode for a few days and was fine parked it up for a day went to start it and it wouldnt start. i have measured the battery and although a little low 11.87v seems enough to turn over. when i press the starter button the relay clicks but then i just get a loud buzzing noise. does anyone have any ideas what this could be. any help is greatly appreiciated

cheers ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Duff Battery. Although it might read 11.7 v thats a static reading(Also a bit low) try measuring it under load IE when you press the starter button, I bet it will drop right off.

Adam

Flat battery definately. Mine does exactly the same thing from time to time when I haven't ridden for a while. A quick tickle with a battery charger always sorts it out. Did have a problem once with it going flat after a couple of days even though it was a brand new battery. Problem was traced to a knackered alarm that was drawing too much juice. Disconnected the alarm and the problem disappeared.

Thanks guys the bike doesn't have an alarm. I have left the light switch not sure if that would do it. As the lights were alway on with my vfr800 anyway charging the battery and will see how it goes

As others said the battery is messed up or not recharging properly. You can bump start it very easily if you get caught out, Just put it into gear and roll it forward a bit, let the clutch fly out and hit the ignition, then grab the clutch in again before you fly off.

Riding with the lights on should not effect your battery charge. Do you have heated grips?