setting up a xs400 f with the air pod filters

warkilt
This post is 5129 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey I am trying to figure out where i can buy larger jets for my carbs so that i can run the air pod filters. I have been doing alot of research but i cant seem to find anyway that sells what i need, If anyone has some ideas please tell. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey I am trying to figure out where i can buy larger jets for my carbs so that i can run the air pod filters. I have been doing alot of research but i cant seem to find anyway that sells what i need, If anyone has some ideas please tell. Thanks

You should be able to find those jets at your local Yamaha shop.

You should be able to find those jets at your local Yamaha shop.

I have an 82 xs400 maxim - (don't know what the difference is if any for the carbs) I have found jets for mine on ebay. They are Mikuni Carbs. Search for - Mikuni Main Jet N100/604 -

here is a link to a 130 (recommended to me by another guy on a different thread for running pod filters)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-MIKUNI-MAIN-JET-N100-604-VM-HS-HSR-TM-CV-XS-H1-130_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588671488fQQitemZ380212693135QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I haven't got mine done yet but hopefully by this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Guys i ended up just going up to the Yamaha dealer and ordering some.

Is there a huge advantage to Pod air filters over the stock?

Also I remember someone saying Uni air filters end up better than the pod's for some reason on a recent thread here (forget the reason why)...

My mechanic removed my filters so need to buy new ones. Think my 78 XS400 bike that i bought last year has a 2-1 aftermarket exhaust, guessing they are the Mac ones since they are only company I see making them.

If I do install pod or uni, will the carbs definately need to be rejetted or it just will be '5%' off and air/fuel screw will be enough to compensate for that?

Thanks!

I have ordered pod filters for my XS500 because the stock air-box was missing when I bought the bike. I live in Denver at 5300 feet, is it possible the increased air from the pods will be counterbalanced by the reduced air density at altitude? Or will I likely need to re-jet as well?

that's a great question, LostCost. I'd like to know the answer too.

I do know that a stock fuel mixture is usually good up to 3000ft at least. But since these bikes usually came from the factory lean, they should be on for higher altitudes.

:icon_question:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online