xs400 flasher cencel - necessary?

bznchris
This post is 4994 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

*flasher cAncel sorry...

Finally tracked down all the missing parts for the wiring harness - all but the turn signal cancel. Is this part necessary for blinker operation? Obviously I would have to cancel the signals manually, but would everything run if this was left out of the system. Would I have to bridge it's connecting wires?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

there was one on ebay a week ago for an xs500 maby it l fit

I don't doubt I could find one, one way or another. I'm just sick of buying replacement parts for this bike. Already spent well over what i paid for the bike just on parts. I just want to know if running without it is doable since I can't test it right now (redoing wiring).

My XS360-2D doesn't have canceling T/S, maybe you could compare your wiring diagram to the 360's.

i reckon the system is the same as the RD,s and germany never had self canceling look out a wiring diagram for germany and you should see if the unit is needed,

merv

Thanks for the replies all. I've looked over a wiring diagram. Yes, '81 xs400s came with a cancel unit, but I'm having a hard time telling if the circuit will still be complete without the cancel in there. I'm leaning towards no, so I'll probably just connect all the wires to their matches in the connector and test her out!

According to the genuine Yamaha workshop manual for my Rd350lc2 if the flasher cancelling unit is faulty you can simply unplug it and use the indicators manually. Hope this helps . Tony.

Ah, this made my day! Thanks a bunch Tony!

• 6 months later...

My flasher was broken and a used unit was over $70, new about $120. I plugged in a $5 unit from the auto parts store I had laying around and everything works perfectly except the self cancelling...now i cancel it myself. No problem at all.

My flasher was broken and a used unit was over $70, new about $120. I plugged in a $5 unit from the auto parts store I had laying around and everything works perfectly except the self cancelling...now i cancel it myself. No problem at all.

Same here. Actually I think the one I bought for the xs400 was under $3.