Er-1 fault on Fazer S2

nickm
This post is 5178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've had the Er-1 fault appear on my 57 Reg Fazer. The engine and the temp light came on, rev counter and speedo stopped working. Checked all electrical connections...now the light is intermittent...had the bike serviced at Xmas. The local Yamaha dealers are shut on Mondays. Any idea what the fault may be...the engine runs perfect..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got a 57 reg s2 fazer but have never had any problems like that. post and let us know when you find out.

Took my bike to the dealer today. They said it was water ingress in the ECU plug or behind the speedometer cluster. They did the easy option first ie took the tank off and dried the ECU, greased the plug and charged me 30 pounds (half hours labour). Well, tonight the light came back on! I will take the fairing off and check the plugs behind the speedo cluster as they want 3 hours to do it. They have had about 5 maybe 6 bikes with this problem. In the S2 they moved the ECU to the bottom and put the ABS motor on the top as it was getting hot and thus the problem on some bikes. The water could go through the wiring loom and cause the problem.Because I ride my bike in all weathers, I got the problem. I have done nearly 13000miles....

• 2 weeks later...

My friends Fazer (05 reg) had his fault light come on today. After switching off and restarting, it went off. Mine did the same first time it came on...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online