Damn that snow!!!

Airhead
This post is 5222 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Woke up this morning to a blizzard. Nice if all you have to do is look at it but i'm pretty much snowed in again. I had two days left of my Xmas holiday in which to dump the Xmas tree and go across the other end of the county to view a bike i'm after but its that bad i'm snowed in again :angry:

02_01_2010.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

never mind OG, just toast yer socks in front of the fire and watch the 'airy bikers' eeee, its a reet laugh ya na ! :lol:

go and download "on any sunday" and "trans-atlantic match races" and watch them instead.

thought it would be ideal to get your DT out, at least it won't overheat in this weather :lol:

Woke up this morning to a blizzard.

Been like that for the last two days, just when we got rid of the last lot of ice..

On Sunday I ride..... no matter what the weather. No such thing as bad weather, just the wrong tyres!

thought it would be ideal to get your DT out, at least it won't overheat in this weather :lol:

Seriously i would, its a hoot in this weather but its in bits :(

Been like that for the last two days, just when we got rid of the last lot of ice..

On Sunday I ride..... no matter what the weather. No such thing as bad weather, just the wrong tyres!

Correct, DT's and XT's rule in the snow, not to mention TT's and WR's ;)

we have had snow and ice here in donegal for the last fortnight....sick of it now. :angry:

cant get up the lane without taking a run at it...and out through a blind junction onto the road...scary :blink:

have not seen a gritter yet so when the snow melts it cannot get away and freezes on the road....its like a bottle.

sitting at the window last night and watched a car slide into a big drain, the local farmer came to pull him out, 4x4 tractor, and got stuck on the ice, he had to get pulled out with another 4x4 tractor. meanwhile any other car that came down the hill had to head for a grass banking to get stopped.

main thing is nobody hurt and only slight damage to the cars.

its even too cold to work on the bikes in the shed.

you know what i saw written on the toilet wall in the gents in cherbourg ferry port once

the best thing about Donegal is the Letterkenny dual carriageway, but having been there now i cannot agree in the slightest with that, the landscape is lovley the people were fantastic it must be evn better in the snow that landscape

i dont see what all the fuss is about, drove home today 160 miles from cosford to newbury in my trusty little swift with a couple of other squadies hitching a ride, well, thats after i got a bollocking from the RAF Police for doing handbrake turns in the car park ¬¬.

places around the world that see conditions like this all year round just get on with it, as soon as the snow comes down in the UK everything grinds to a hault...

i dont see what all the fuss is about,

You would if you were here

places around the world that see conditions like this all year round just get on with it, as soon as the snow comes down in the UK everything grinds to a hault...

If we saw it all year round we would all have snow chains permanently attached either that or sled's, sick of hearing that tired old cliche, were far more populated than most and yes...snow is all it takes to cause mayhem.

i dont see what all the fuss is about, drove home today 160 miles from cosford to newbury in my trusty little swift with a couple of other squadies hitching a ride, well, thats after i got a bollocking from the RAF Police for doing handbrake turns in the car park ¬¬.

TWERP

if we had this all year round this would be the yamaha snowmobile owners club i reckon, cars would have studded tyres, and we would have polar bears or penguins for pets instead of cars and dogs

This is Britain not Norway. Last snow like this was 1981/2 and before that was 1962/3 when I remember seeing snow chains on cars.

This is Britain not Norway. Last snow like this was 1981/2 and before that was 1962/3 when I remember seeing snow chains on cars.

Thats it, we get all sorts, 30 degrees in the summer -10 in the winter. Nothing new there, Moscow, Poland etc are far more extreem. The difference is the fact that our weather changes so readily and so randomly.

Everywhere else the locals know the rains will come at a certain point or the snow will start at a certain time. We haven't got a clue if were honest, the forcasts are nearer but they are still a best guess.

If they see this condition all year round, I'm sure they will "just get on with it" We don't see this "condition all year round", So, yes, we do get problems such as slippery roads etc.

If like me and thousands of other bikers you need to get to work in this type of weather, how do you get to work?

Whatever you do, Do not even attempt to try to get to work on two wheels!!!!

Luckily for me I have got a very good mate that will give me a lift.

Whatever you do, Do not even attempt to try to get to work on two wheels!!!!

Paaaah!.....LightWeight! :P .... :D

SnowDayX003.jpg

Like we say in the SKIING world.....

NO GUTS....NO GLORY! B)

• 2 weeks later...

yes...snow is all it takes to cause mayhem.

Rain usually does it, round here.

However, being the chap I am, I've been riding into work all through this "snow", despite Reading getting up to 16" of the stuff.

Just gotta know what you're doing and be cautious when filtering past the wheelspinning idiots, who are stuck on a hill because they think more revs will grind through the snow and make the car go again!!

Apparently, when the snow warnings came out, Reading council had all gone home by 2pm, leaving our roads completely ungritted.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online