1300 handlebar problem : (

Detsta
This post is 5238 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am having probs with the standard handlebars on my XVS 1300

I'm 5'6" and have to lean a fair bit forward to reach the handgrips

or sit practically on the tank.

love the bike to bits, but sick of the stiff neck and sore lower back after riding.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

( i so miss my Honda Shadow bars )

Det

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Detsta....at least your bike has tubular bars...you can replace the stock bars with after-market ones, with the bend/height/pull-back you like.

I have a friend with the same bike, and she's about 5'4"...she has different bars, and loves the comfort on her ride.....visit your local bike shop.

Hi,

A lot of people in the US replace the standard bars with the Royal Star Tour Delux (RSTD) bars. You can get them in the UK, part # 1D6-26110-01-00. You'll need to replace the grips too though. If you look in the custom section, there's a few articles on the XVS1300 and Jimm has talked about these bars (he's fitted them + says they're amazing!)

I'm planning on getting these bars too, and if you want I can send you a link to a guide on how to fit them? Hope this helps?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online