XVS Yamaha Dragstar 125

Cory_M
This post is 5206 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey there guys, new here so please don't kill me if i have put this is the wrong bit xD :P

my Dragstar has a little spiff to it... ive been reading on here and people say their 4th gear goes upto 60 and 5 around 65, my gears go as 1st:15 2nd:30 3rd:40 4th:51 5th:70(well it struggles past 55 until the bike has been riden for around an hour and a half) sometimes when im riding and i change to 5th it just starts to slow itself down when the engine is a bit cold

also on the not so brighter news, somehow my bike went underneith me and threw me off as i was riding on saturday... my bike flew straight into my mates and mine has a little damage, exhausts are scratched to hell, need new chromed plastic 'emblem' that goes onto the side of the tank new mirrows brake fluid resivour headlamp and Indicators but the bike is frame is still sound but its just cosmetic damage, does anyone know how to get onto the yamaha website for Dragstar parts? i cannot find it just the Wildstar....

also anyone know the bolt mm for the Front Mudguard, somehow both on one side have flung off when i crashed :S either that or they have snapped, not taken it off yet but when i do i will have a proper look when i get it onto a bike ramp at collage.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear about your mishap - was it ice?

All the parts for the XVS125 can be found here, but you can't order the parts from them :( You'll have to go to a dealer (or hit ebay etc)

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.uk/accessories/acc_overview.jsp#Star+Acc/XVS125

As for the nut sizes, there's a workshop manual here: (am sure it will list them - if not let me know + I'll go to my garage tomorrow + check)

Hope you get it sorted soon!

As for gear shifting, I go 2nd at 10-15mph, 3rd 25-35, 4th 30-45, 5th 40+. Maybe I'm shifting too early? Mind my bike's felt sluggish recently & seems to have flat spots on acceleration. Recently changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil & oil filter but am wondering if my engine timing is out?

lol sounds like yours needs looking at :P if you have just had recent things plonked on you may need it upjetting by the sounds, or arn't they performance? when it gets to 50 mph, unless its at least 51 its speed decreases slowly... otherwise it goes up

All replacement parts are Yamaha OEM stock. Just replaced them all in one go in Sept as I hadn't looked at any of them since I got the bike in 2008 (it's an 02 plate & not sure if they've ever been done!)

It's due it's MOT in Jan, may also have it serviced depending on costs...

Not too worried about gear changing. If mine starts slowing down I just gear down.

Mine will get upto 60mph, 65 at a push (+ once 70mph with a pillion on the back, but that was down a big hill! Thought the bike would rattle apart though)

Good luck with getting your's back on the road

• 1 month later...

iv got a xvs dragstar 125 and the engine blew up if ur interested in parts il do u a good deal it was only 4 years old when it blew and its an 04 plate get in touch via email if ur interested [email protected]

chears . Paul .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online