V Star 1300 Bits for sale

Stu_B
This post is 5203 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guys,

I'm ashamed to say I have sold my Midnight Star :(

I took a test ride on a BMW K1300 GT and got a trade in to good to turn away...

So before it went I took back some to the add ons. Before I stick on e bay I though I'd see if anyone here fancied first refusal?

I have

A Road House Slip on... Is a easy fit, 20min max... it is LOUD... now you can get a quite baffle from Alchemy, but I just loved the noise B)

An almost brand new standard back box... I brought a dented one from ebay and drilled that rather than risk drilling the new one.. so if you fancied drilling yours this would be a great way to do it ( the dented drilled went with the bike )

A Yammey "Short screen" this is OEM, 14".. I also had a OEM 17" that went with the bike

A set of Bucks Lowers... I imported them from the US... frankly they don’t look great, but they really do a good job of removing the buffeting you get with the standard screen....

Also have the rear seat and all the standard fittings I took off to fit the OEM panniers... I can’t see why anyone would want em, but maybe some could have damaged the original stuff...

All the stuff listed is in good nick, and I'm happy to send any photos if you want em.

Sorry to the moderator if this is in the wrong bit... but it seemed to make sense to put the post here.

If anyone’s interested drop me a PM or leave a post... no sensible offer refused!

Stu

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Stu b. Only just joined this forum, Ime interested in the Road House exhaust your selling ,what are you asking for it? Regard Dave

Hi Stu b. Only just joined this forum, Ime interested in the Road House exhaust your selling ,what are you asking for it? Regard Dave

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum, have you had you bike long?.... I think they are one of the best cruisers around... even better with a nice loud pipe

;)

Pipe cost me £380 from Alchemy six months ago, so i was thinking about half price £190... is that fair?

Stu

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum, have you had you bike long?.... I think they are one of the best cruisers around... even better with a nice loud pipe

;)

Pipe cost me £380 from Alchemy six months ago, so i was thinking about half price £190... is that fair?

Stu

Hi Stu,only had the bike a couple of months before that I had an 1100 virago for 7 years,the 1300 is a lot different.I just need to check does this pipe use the 02 sensor from the original, thanks Dave

Hi Stu,only had the bike a couple of months before that I had an 1100 virago for 7 years,the 1300 is a lot different.I just need to check does this pipe use the 02 sensor from the original, thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

Well i hope you are enjoying it! They really are a great bike! I wish I had the cash to keep both :-)

Yep the roadhouse is a Slip On... if you look at your pipe, you will see a sort of clamp at the end of the header pipes, the 02 sensor is "up stream" of the back box... to take off your pipe, you undo the clamp, then there are two bolts underneath the pipe that holds the back box one... undo them, and the pipe pulls off, the 02 sensor and header pipes stay exactly where they are.

The roadhouse 2slips on exactly the same way with same fixings...

Simple

:-)

Hi Dave,

Well i hope you are enjoying it! They really are a great bike! I wish I had the cash to keep both :-)

Yep the roadhouse is a Slip On... if you look at your pipe, you will see a sort of clamp at the end of the header pipes, the 02 sensor is "up stream" of the back box... to take off your pipe, you undo the clamp, then there are two bolts underneath the pipe that holds the back box one... undo them, and the pipe pulls off, the 02 sensor and header pipes stay exactly where they are.

The roadhouse 2slips on exactly the same way with same fixings...

Simple

:-)

Hi Stuart,tried your hotmail address but it bounced back, I think thats a fair price, my mobile no is 07966 544203 or [email protected] if you get in touch we can sort out the details thanks Dave

• 1 month later...

Hi Stu...just seen catching up with stuff and saw this post. Sorry you're leaving the clan, but I'm sure you'll love the Beemer !

Just wondered about your Buck's lowers...might be interested. Not sure if they'll fit as I've got a ShowChrome screen, but probably will. If you've still got them, have you got a piccy of them and how much were you thinking of?

Cheers

Jim

Hi Stu...just seen catching up with stuff and saw this post. Sorry you're leaving the clan, but I'm sure you'll love the Beemer !

Just wondered about your Buck's lowers...might be interested. Not sure if they'll fit as I've got a ShowChrome screen, but probably will. If you've still got them, have you got a piccy of them and how much were you thinking of?

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim

they have gone I'm afraid... I'm not they would have fitted though... they use the OEM mounts and are tight on the bottom of the screen. ( work v well though! )

Only bits I have left now are a brand new standard back box... I had two... and drilled one, this one is the original off the bike.

I have a HAL back rest and rack

Some rear foot plates... I brought cheap then upgraded, I cant remebr the make, but they dont fold up.

and a few other bits and bobs... a rear seat, and all the fittings I took off to fit the oem painiars...

Oh and last bit is a set of leather "throw over" paniniers I used before the OEM

If any of that is any use please let me know

All the best

Stu

Ah well...

I've got 'versions' of all the other bits you mentioned - hope you manage to get rid of them somewhere!

All the best with the new bike, Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu

Just seen your post, maybe a little too late but do you still have the short windshield?

If so what price were you thinking of?

regards

Ian

Hi Ian

gone I'm afraid...

Stu

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online