"URGENT" 1983 XJ900 fork bushes are SHAGGED !!

razor1
This post is 5316 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

G'day from the land of AUS, Newbe for a few dayz now and am getting dessparate, my ozzy 31A model has worn out the bushes in the front forks ! Yamaha stopped makeing the bottom ones 12 years ago, but can supply the top one that fits in the alloy slider(shood fix 1/2 the problem A) Am trying to find the bottom ones that fit onto the bottom of the chrome staunchion, they are made of White Metal,& are Teflon coated, some engineers at work reckon they can be turned up on a lathe (duno about the teflon though !!) Or dose anyone know of a set of forks from some other bike that is a reasonably easy replacement for the XJ900 ? Starting to get a bit nervous not being able 2 ride. any help would B greatly appreciated , Thanks Guys & Girls MARK :(

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks Dirty DT,That fiche is very helpfull,still surfing through it though !!It dose list the 2 bushes as the same part No. & they are very different bushes (or I should say metal slides as they call em) May have 2 E-mail them to see what the go is !! But thank u 4 your help - Think I'll B a regular here 4 some time, It's a great forum !!