RS100 Fuse Problem

Sam Robinson
This post is 5321 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, i'm having a big problem with my 1981 RS100, the problem is as follows.

Its blowing fuses for fun. It's happening everytime i shift to neutral the fluse coming off the battery blows. I'm completely stick for what could be causing this. If you need any more information i'll be happy to provide it.

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, i couldnt tell you what fuse is in it at the moment, so i'll get a 25A fuse and post back results. Also any other input is welcomed.

Sam

Hi Sam,

a 25 amp fuse in an RS100, when it should be a 10 amp thats asking for wire melt down :huh:. I would guess your problem lies with the white wire .... most likley broken under the bottom yoke but failing that it could be the white wire connection to the rectifier. I guess you have checked the normal ... bad battery earth, fluid in the battery .. green tack on the red or red/white wires by the battery box ... 25a fuse ... the mind boggles

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online