another test question

Harris-Dobson
This post is 5271 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i took my CBT last August, so i have another year of riding on it, before either taking CBT again or taking my test. it did get explained to me how the module 1 & 2 works, but i cannot remember for the life of me.

I'm currently riding a YZF-R125 (which i intend to keep riding, at least for now, even if i do take and pass my test).

I'm over 21 aswell if that makes a difference.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The sequence is as follows

Theory test and hazard perception

Module 1 - The off road manouvers test, riding around cones

Module 2 - Minimum 30mins on road ride with examiner following you

If you do your test on your 125 you will be restricted to riding a bike under 33bhp for 2 years. The restriction is lifted automatically at which point you can ride anything you like.

Trying to keep it simple but if you want any more info just ask, i'm currently awaiting my module 2 test in September.

well for me that'd be fine anyway, as i said i intend to keep my current bike for a few years yet anyway, it's only done 3300 miles so far (I managed to screw my leg up for 8 weeks so havent had much chance to ride it since i got it!)

so if i was to pass mod1, nothing would actually change until i passed mod2 and the theory?

If you do your test on your 125 you will be restricted to riding a bike under 33bhp for 2 years. The restriction is lifted automatically at which point you can ride anything you like.

It is not - you have to apply for a new licence at the appropriate time.

It is not - you have to apply for a new licence at the appropriate time.

Really? I thought that you would just get a category A license when you pass, I didn't know there would be any need to send off for a new photocard etc.

so if i was to pass mod1, nothing would actually change until i passed mod2 and the theory?

You have to do your theory first, then module 1 then module 2. Until you've done all that you're still a learner rider, so nothing changes until you've completed module 2, then you can tear up your L plates! Theory test certificate lasts 2 years I think, then module 1 lasts 2 years or until your theory expires.

right ok, something to seriously consider then. financially might it be more viable (for me at least) to stick on a CBT and just re-take that so i can have another 2 years on L plates (the plates really dont bother me) and take the test later on - my wife's just gone back to uni so we're living off my wages, so the lesss totally un-necessary expenditure the better!

• 3 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online