1st post new member

This post is 5399 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,this is my 1st post as a new member so be gentle.

Just come in from bringing home my new 2005 DT125.

My idea is to sell my gilera 50cc moped after ive done my CBT and upgrade to my DT,this in itself brings a question.

Can someone shine a light on this, ive been told i need my CBT before i can ride it which i believe to be true but just want to make sure,im 38 and passed my test when i was 17,it was only the guy i bought it off told me i dont need to pass it if im on L plates.

Anyway just a few questions about my ride home.

It seem very blue smokey from the exhaust as though its burning alot of 2 stroke oil,can i check/adjust this for the right mixture?

Also the front forks seem very soft and bottom very easily from my own weight.

I will probably find these answers when i buy the manual but you cant beat experiance in my opinion.

Thanks in advance for any replies and hope i can be of assistance as my knowledge of my DT grows.

Carl

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome aboard, first off I take it its your car test you did at 17?, if thats the case then yeah you must complete the CBT-a monkey amputee with behavior problems can pass this, when I did CBT one did, nah,, I only kid he failed, on account of his willingness to slap the instructor on the way past, so it pays to be nice to these guys ! :mellow:

there are a few very helpfull people on here who can, well, help, Oldgitonabike, he knows these bikes ;)

Thanks for the welcome,

I feel like ive known you years,lol.

I thought so,it was just the bloke i bought it off said he has not done the CBT and he was the same age as me.

Lets hope he learns otherwise befor the rossers catch up with him.

Anyone got any ideas on the smoke and forks.

Carl

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online