yamaha xs 750 special us custom

realdeal
This post is 5043 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone,

a few weeks ago i became the owner of a yam xs 750 special,i got it as a second bike and as my other bikes a sports bike i wanted to try something completely different so went for a cruiser,its a 1978 so i have the intention of making it look a little more pretty than it did when i picked it up,ive resprayed the frame, polished up the engine and look to replace some chrome parts ect,my question is does anyone know if these 750 specials share the same engines as the uk spec xs 750?,i'll be looking to buy filters,fork seals ect and am wondering where to buy spares.

any help appreciated,ta :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 11 months later...

hi everyone,

a few weeks ago i became the owner of a yam xs 750 special,i got it as a second bike and as my other bikes a sports bike i wanted to try something completely different so went for a cruiser,its a 1978 so i have the intention of making it look a little more pretty than it did when i picked it up,ive resprayed the frame, polished up the engine and look to replace some chrome parts ect,my question is does anyone know if these 750 specials share the same engines as the uk spec xs 750?,i'll be looking to buy filters,fork seals ect and am wondering where to buy spares.

any help appreciated,ta :D

hi there

a good choice you made there.

the engines are basicly the same, there are minor changes over the years.

your bike is probably a 1J7....

have a look at this site, there you will find a parts manual and also parts to buy, the manuals are free.

http://www.cmsnl.com

then you should try these 2 links aswell, you will find a welth of info there.

http://www.yamaha-triples.org

if you need any more help then please ask.

schlumpf

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online