Hi guys n gals. can you help XV 535 Virago knock

forddude
This post is 5373 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

iv not been of for a whil kids and so on you know what its like.

My garden has been flodded for tha last cupel of weeks so iv letting the bike tick over in the shed to keep the battery good with no probs. but yesterday i strated the bike to have a quick ried on it , When the bike started it did it with a clunk. i stoped it then started as normal then i had a qucik five ten minuet ried and notcied its got a knock on the top end on the front cyilinder. Any thoughts as al allways Many thanks :D Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Could be many things but a good ride will sort it out one way, or another!

Thanks i wasnt shuer wether to ried it ro not i dont wont to make it worse :blink:

Update for you all i read in the haynes manual that the knock could be carbon bulid up in the cyilider

so ui got fule additiv for motorcyls and put that in think it may have maed it not solound but the knoxk is still there. could it be valve clerance. Thanks andy :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Another update i tried the fuel aditiv. it dint make any difrance. So do any one have any idaes off where i shuold start or is it off to the bike shop lol Many thanks andy

Another update i tried the fuel aditiv. it dint make any difrance. So do any one have any idaes off where i shuold start or is it off to the bike shop lol Many thanks andy

Have you checked your oil? If the bike has been sitting for a while it may not be lubricating properly or have enough to do so correctly.

Worst case is you that you could have a valve problem.

Are u sure your not just imagining it cos the poor thing sounds like its been neglected. Bikes have feelings too u know and if u dont treat em right they have every right to give u shyte back - well thats my view anyways. Does sound like its an oil issue, if not now then from sometime before that could have caused you a problem now. But bike engines should make a noise just some more than others - think of all those moving parts inside. Take her out and JUST GO EASY until you gain confidence in that its not worse than you might at first have thought. Would suggest you stay close to home or near a garage so if you do have problem you can get her home safely.

Worst case sinario is it blows up on you??? She will only freeze up and buck u off like a wild horse onto you butt - whilst she will be the one left with the smile on her face.

Are u sure your not just imagining it cos the poor thing sounds like its been neglected. Bikes have feelings too u know and if u dont treat em right they have every right to give u shyte back - well thats my view anyways. Does sound like its an oil issue, if not now then from sometime before that could have caused you a problem now. But bike engines should make a noise just some more than others - think of all those moving parts inside. Take her out and JUST GO EASY until you gain confidence in that its not worse than you might at first have thought. Would suggest you stay close to home or near a garage so if you do have problem you can get her home safely.

Worst case sinario is it blows up on you??? She will only freeze up and buck u off like a wild horse onto you butt - whilst she will be the one left with the smile on her face.

She was only standing for a week and half the oil seams ok and full. But i only got the bike in december so dont know how she was treat. She had stoos for a while befor id got her i think. Thanks for all your Help. Andy

The bike has been seen by my mechienic his not shuer whats wrong by listing to it so it going under the spanner on monday. He thinks iv just riden it to hard so think ill fix and sell /px for a 600 street bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online