UK Mobile numbers to be on directory

DirtyDT
This post is 5552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Appologies for all the non UK members but this applies to UK numbers only (I think)

Very soon your private mobile number may be included on a directory. This is a premium 118*** type number and seems similar to the old BT telephone directory. If you want to remove your number you need to do this very quickly.

To not be included you need to click on the ex directory link at the top of the follow link page and then put in your mobile number and an anti spam code shown on screen. They then text you a 5 digit code and you enter the code on the page. The link is Here

This is not a joke and for reference click the following link for information on the BBC web site. Click here

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

all i can add to that is by opting out you are giving them your number which there is a fair chance they do not have, seems like a good scam for harvesting numbers too me, remember the number calling you is displayed on your phone, anything witheld or i do not like the look of i reject nowadays

merv

all i can add to that is by opting out you are giving them your number which there is a fair chance they do not have, seems like a good scam for harvesting numbers too me, remember the number calling you is displayed on your phone, anything witheld or i do not like the look of i reject nowadays

merv

I did think about that but they are getting numbers from brokers. They have to be regulated and I am sure the TPS will be after them as soon as people moan that they opted out.

Info on the TPS Here

"The difference is that we don't use that data for marketing purposes and we don't sell it on to anybody else".

This is true - They only sell a connection to you (if you consent to it), according to the blurb.

However, I still don't like the idea.

Anyone who phones me trying to sell me double glazing etc usually gets the full force of my creatively expletive vocabulary!!!!!

all i can add to that is by opting out you are giving them your number which there is a fair chance they do not have, seems like a good scam for harvesting numbers too me,....

Also they may have my number but not my details.

This is true - They only sell a connection to you (if you consent to it), according to the blurb.

However, I still don't like the idea.

Anyone who phones me trying to sell me double glazing etc usually gets the full force of my creatively expletive vocabulary!!!!!

:lol: I tell them to "go forth and multiply" as well.

They say they don't sell data but they buy it! Very strange as if selling the data is dirty but buying it and using it is OK. Strange logic to me!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online