Chinese import bikes

barkwindjammer
This post is 5559 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anybody have or know anyone with a 'Da jiang X-treme 125', a guy from work bought one and is in need of help with it (I suggested petrol and matches, he was'nt into that),

just wondering if Foamy and his mates, who are into their 'exotic flowersbikes' would have any info?

thanx in advance :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

angle grinder and skip required

merv

and dont forget your local 're-cycle' centre, boom-boom :)

no seriously carbon foot-prints are murder on light coloured carpet, not even 'cilit-bang' or 'Goff' will get that off,,,

c i l i t I said, tut tut !

whats actually wrong with it? arent most of these chinese bikes old honda and suzuki designs? if its mechanical maybe a manual for the original (japanese) bike be obtained?

other than that it cant be that difficult to suss out if it is single.

good luck

I used to have a onehunglow :blink:

Chinese bikes are cheap and although they may not be reliable or have the Japaneses infrastructure, that is what happened in the 60's when Japanese bikes took over from the likes of BSA, Triumph and Norton etc. Because they don't hold their price means that more people can afford them which means more bikers new and returners that can enjoy what we do.

If history repeats itself then get a 250 something Chinese and store it. It may be worth a few quid in the future.

whats actually wrong with it? arent most of these chinese bikes old honda and suzuki designs? if its mechanical maybe a manual for the original (japanese) bike be obtained?

other than that it cant be that difficult to suss out if it is single.

good luck

Hi piles and thanx for the reply, well (Mavis Riley) - I dont really know,tbh, was just requesting any info at all, to help the guy out, I'm not a full time clown and sarcy brastrad, sometimes I like to help too, I told him its prob a Honda rip off, however after I suggested we 'Burn it' he kinda went off the idea of me helping in any way, I'd like to make amends :mellow:

as for the problem, its pissing oil all over the shop (from the main shaft area), 'oil' -thats why I suggested setting fire to it-oil burns well good, does'nt it? :mellow:

I used to have a onehunglow :blink:

Chinese bikes are cheap and although they may not be reliable or have the Japaneses infrastructure, that is what happened in the 60's when Japanese bikes took over from the likes of BSA, Triumph and Norton etc. Because they don't hold their price means that more people can afford them which means more bikers new and returners that can enjoy what we do.

If history repeats itself then get a 250 something Chinese and store it. It may be worth a few quid in the future.

I'm with you on that one big yin, these bikes are a joke just now, but he-hoo-laffs-last daniel sun ! ;)

I'm with you on that one big yin, these bikes are a joke just now, but he-hoo-laffs-last daniel sun ! ;)

Hi Big Yin,

Do you mean "these bikes are a yoke"?

I went to a Chinese restaurant the other day. I got my meal and the waiter came up to me and said

"How is you meal sir?"

I replied "The chicken is rubbery"

He said "Ahhhhh fank you werry much"

Old ones are the best

Hi Big Yin,

Do you mean "these bikes are a yoke"?

I went to a Chinese restaurant the other day. I got my meal and the waiter came up to me and said

"How is you meal sir?"

I replied "The chicken is rubbery"

He said "Ahhhhh fank you werry much"

Old ones are the best

I went into the chinese chippy and asked for a portion of pissoles, Ah said mr Wong thats not a 'P' thats an 'R', ok Johnny...a portion of 'R'ssoles then.

Nice one OG :lol:

What time did the Chinese man go to the dentist?

Tooth hurtee

Confucius say. Man who walks around with one hand in pocket always feels a little cocky.

Ar se ole

The knock offs are indeed direct rips from standard Japanese designs, but either made with cheaper materials and/or jury-rigged mods that achieve the same effect but are again cheaper than using the proper parts.

The good ones (Jing Chen aren't too bad) work OK for a bit, but then the cheap parts fail and it's a right bitch to get replacements.

The 'build quality' is fine. It's the parts quality that's shite.

Good for someone who likes a project bike or is good at making their own parts.

You can try using OEM parts from the original Japanese Manufacturers

most of the bikes in our 'crew are yamahas, about 3 aeroxs, 2 DTs and an aprillia,

perhaps suggest sealing the main shaft with an o-ring or drilling and tapping the crankcase and make a gland?