Oil Press. and High beam light not working

Vincent Moy
This post is 5423 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I seems to have a lot of minor problem with the bike so please pardon me.

The 2 lights has never work since I got the bike. I tested the continuity on the 6 pin and seems like the Oil Press (Black/Red). wire has no continuity at all.

Will that be the oil press. switch or the harness?

My 2nd Q. is if I leave it this way, will it do any harm?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you have ruled out the bulbs right?

Correct. Seems like bad grounding on both. THe hi-beam is a low priority but I thinking the oil pressure switch is faulty. Now the question is where is that stinking switch...

Have you also checked at the sending unit? It should go straigh to ground when the engine is not running. If it's not, then it's the sending unit, if it is, then it's the wiring.

Have you also checked at the sending unit? It should go straigh to ground when the engine is not running. If it's not, then it's the sending unit, if it is, then it's the wiring.

According to the book, I grounded the wire (behind the headlight at both side of the 6-pin connector) and the oil light will goes on. So I'm kinda think it's not the wiring.

Anyhow, I have a sending unit coming in (Lucky to find one NOS) and my question now is:

Where is that switch?

Thanks all!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online