Cleaning out a plastic fuel tank?

mattcooper
This post is 5429 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi mate,

Can you poke a long screw driver to it to loosen it up and clean it out with a rag? With water I found it hard to dry the tank out properly (I guess I'm not very patient) and ended up having to pull the carby apart.

Gordo

Hi mate,

Can you poke a long screw driver to it to loosen it up and clean it out with a rag? With water I found it hard to dry the tank out properly (I guess I'm not very patient) and ended up having to pull the carby apart.

Gordo

Hey

I could attach the rag to the end of the screw driver to loosen it. But its an extremely tight spot. The tank is off the bike and I don't mind waiting a week to air dry out. If there is a chemical product out that would be awesome?

Matt

No idea on that one. I'd try the screw driver or some strong wire and a rag to pick it out and rinse it out with a bit of fuel to make sure it's clean. You might also to be able to tap it loose from the outside? Good reason for fuel filters eh.

Gordo

carb cleaner from an autozone has the tendency to break up stuff, but i notice it begins melting my plastic screwdrivers when they are laid down in it, might not be too good for a plastic tank. just a thought

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online