fzr600r

Legion
This post is 5424 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi peeps...

new member here :D

passed my test in april and first bike is a '94 fzr600r in the cocktail colour's..(hopefully not for long lol)

just got a couple of quick questions

firstly.. bike runs sweet..had carbs stripped ..cleaned ..balanced.. new thermostat..full service..plugs filter oil etc etc..but.............

most of the time the temp stays about the 70-75mk.. then when you pull up it throws coolant out the overflow pipe..(yeah.. could be overfilled) but then the temp starts rising to just over the 100mk (fan kicks in fine).. when i check the water lever is low in the rad.. but ok in the res bottle under the riders seat :blink:

any ideas???

secondly...

what rear shocks from other yamah bikes fit the fzr600r?

i saw a new one from a r1 the other day and wondered if its the same fitting?

muchas gracias :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think the Thundercat shock fits the FZR. I hope it does anyway. I just bought one to go on my 95 Foxeye. I will let you know how I get on fitting it.

I think the Thundercat shock fits the FZR. I hope it does anyway. I just bought one to go on my 95 Foxeye. I will let you know how I get on fitting it.

cheers.. :D

anyone have any ideas on the cooling prob?? :blink:

check the oil for water (milky-brown colour) in case its the head gasket.

you could also have a blockage somewhere, you could take the radiator of and flush it throgh with a hose (not a pressure washer) and remove the thermostat and run the hose up through the engine (do this on a cold engine so it does not crack anything)

you say you fitted a new thermostat? check it is the correct one and fitted the right way round.

good luck ;)

you could also have a blockage somewhere, you could take the radiator of and flush it throgh with a hose (not a pressure washer) and remove the thermostat and run the hose up through the engine (do this on a cold engine so it does not crack anything)

you say you fitted a new thermostat? check it is the correct one and fitted the right way round.

good luck ;)

did all that when i fitted the thermostat.(except remove the rad). but i will try it agin. :blink: maybe i missed something lol . and yes the thermostat is the same as the one i took out..

th wierd part is that it loses the water out the rad through the overflow.. but not in the coolan catch tank

(think i may have to report it to the x-files team lol)

good luck ;)

did all that when i fitted the thermostat.(except remove the rad). but i will try it agin. :blink: maybe i missed something lol . and yes the thermostat is the same as the one i took out..

th wierd part is that it loses the water out the rad through the overflow.. but not in the coolant catch tank

good luck ;)

th wierd part is that it loses the water out the rad through the overflow.. but not in the coolant catch tank

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online