Yamaha aerox queries

Gavink09
This post is 5380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Yamaha lovers

I'm after getting a 2000 Yamaha aerox 2 days ago, and i must say,

It's so fun :D

as it's 9 years old i've figured out a few minor problems, but other than that it's in good condition,

First off, the horn isn't working, and I don't know if it is the connections or what?? Any ideas?

Few scratches on panels and rust on exhaust, but not a problem

Really just need a little advise on what I can to to improve (D.I.Y wise, not financially able to get loads of stuff.....yet :P)

the condition of it.

Also the back brake won't work, I would appreciate any help at all, and would love a challenge :)

Thanks in advance,

Gav

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It is fun having a moped and putting your own little bit of DIY to make it your own.

I cant recommend anything on the pannels other than re-spray but that costs a bit of money when done properly.

you could give it a bit of T-cut? lol

with the exhaust what i done on my old bike was if the pipe is quite rusty and looks really ugly is take off the whole pipe and un bolt the silencer so your just working on the pipe. wire wool it down all over possibly with a bit of WD40 until smooth, buy yourself some high temp paint (black looks best and lasts longer), and spray all of the pipe. re-attatch the silencer and wash it. put it back on the bike and should look as good as new.

With the breaks its a possibility that you have a air lock in your break hose so, you should get yourself some new break fluid making sure its the right sort (should say on the fluid cap on the bike). bleed the old fluid out of the rear calipper and fill up. :huh::D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online