TZR 125 R carb settings

Weeza_19_08
This post is 5450 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I've recently rebuilt (with the help of my boyfriend) a TZR125r 4DL 1991.. We have it running but it seems to go through plugs every few times we start it up.. someone has said that we need to probably adjust the carb settings but we can't find out what it should be set at anywhere.. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I've recently rebuilt (with the help of my boyfriend) a TZR125r 4DL 1991.. We have it running but it seems to go through plugs every few times we start it up.. someone has said that we need to probably adjust the carb settings but we can't find out what it should be set at anywhere.. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

i think that 1 has a 32mm carb, if it has the standard jets in it, go to ur screw adjuster and turn it all the way in (not to turn) then brin it out 1 and a hald turns. use that as a base point then turn in 1/8 increments in ur out until she sounds all happy again, also what plug you using? if its a 4dl ur probablythrashing the arse of it! get a high burn plug rated 8-9 maybe 10 depending on were u spend most your time in the revs. dont forget if you have aftermarket exhaust or airfilter the original jets wont help you much, so take this into consideration when setting everything up

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online