Alright?

*TQ*
This post is 5447 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well it seems to be the fashion around here to introduce yourself so here goes.......

I'm TQ, I'm 21. I used to ride bikes a few years ago (Gilera DNA 50 and Honda NSR 125 between the ages of 16 and 17) but haven't for the last few years. I've wanted to get back on a bike ever since I sold the last one so recently I finally got round to it and booked some lessons. I did my CBT yesterday, got my Module 1 booked for the 15th and all going well will have my full license about a week after that.

Picking up a 1997 XJ600N tomorrow which I'm going to have to just sit and look at for a couple of weeks before I pass my test but then I don't think you'll be able to keep me off it!

I've been lurking on the forums for about a week and am suitably impressed with how active they are and the knowledge of most of the members. I look forward to many a good conversation about all things bike and even a few things not.

I think that's enough for now so down to the big question..... you all alright or what?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi spoken allready

i did my test 4 weeks ago just be carfull on the emergancy avoidance its it bit sketchy :P

have fun

post some picks of ure bike

i did my test 4 weeks ago just be carfull on the emergancy avoidance its it bit sketchy tongue.gif

I have to say that's the bit I'm looking forward to least. Having lesson's every night next week though. I'd never ridden anything bigger than a 125 till yesterday (instructor let me take his CB500 round the carpark twice after I'd finished my CBT). I'm planning on getting a lot of practice in doing that bit of the test!

post some picks of ure bike

Will do, as I say not picking it up till tomorrow but I'll get a few snaps when I can.

I have to say that's the bit I'm looking forward to least. Having lesson's every night next week though. I'd never ridden anything bigger than a 125 till yesterday (instructor let me take his CB500 round the carpark twice after I'd finished my CBT). I'm planning on getting a lot of practice in doing that bit of the test!

Will do, as I say not picking it up till tomorrow but I'll get a few snaps when I can.

kwl i did my test on a 125cc and had never riden a gear bike befor i had 2 lessons in total :P of about 6 hours each and passed both parts first time but having sead that im a quick learner but im sure you will do fine :)

what cc are you doing ure test on 500?? direct acces

Yeah doing it on a 500 so I can ride the XJ straight away without restricting it.

kwl my bikes not restricted lol no one has asked or pulled me over yet and the dvla have lost my licens so dosent even show i have a license yet and im the named owner and still havent been pulled over so not going to bother geting myn done its only 45bhp any way lol even thogh 660cc single cylinder so quite low powerd

I would if I was you mate as it'll invalidate your insurance not having it restricted. Not being funny but if you have an accident you're going royally fuck over anyone you hit because in essence you're "riding without insurance".

As you say it's only 45bhp anyway so you won't notice losing 12 but it'll be worth it from a legal stand point.

I would if I was you mate as it'll invalidate your insurance not having it restricted. Not being funny but if you have an accident you're going royally fuck over anyone you hit because in essence you're "riding without insurance".

As you say it's only 45bhp anyway so you won't notice losing 12 but it'll be worth it from a legal stand point.

yeh i know the problem is its a shared bike with my mum (rider of 12 years) and she dosent want it restricted :/ but i may be geting my dads XT660X and that will be restricted as it will be my bike only and not shared :)

also buy our 50cc'sgoing over 28mph invalidated out insurance so its not realy that much diforent :/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online