half and half tyres for 125 dtr

This post is 5519 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi dudes

i need a bit of help off ye..

i have an 04 yamaha 125 dtr .. { which i fookin love }

i was wwondering i have a set of good road tyres on it brand new .. but when i want to go off road i slide around the track.. obviously..

the knobbly tyres or half and half .IE. can use on road or track..

are they safe for the road .. or will i be sliding around bends head first into a coming truck with them on .

any ideas would be appreciated..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will need to compromise on road for more grip off road. Make sure any new tyre is meant for the road. Ones that are not are usually marked Not for Highway Use. As the ones fitted to my bike at present. See below

t1.jpg

This is the tread pattern which will give very little grip on road

t2.jpg

Have a look at the follow site which give some explanation and may help.

Here

thanks very much dude i appreciate it :D

You will need to compromise on road for more grip off road. Make sure any new tyre is meant for the road. Ones that are not are usually marked Not for Highway Use. As the ones fitted to my bike at present. See below

t1.jpg

This is the tread pattern which will give very little grip on road

t2.jpg

Have a look at the follow site which give some explanation and may help.

Here

If you go down that path your back end will 'skip' out a bit if going quick round bends but you get used to it, but only use them if you will do a fair bit of laning as they arnt amazing on the road.

Iv tried Goodrich crossengos which were my best on and off road. (lasted around 6000miles!)

Mitas ef-06 (front) current which is lasted well

Mitas c02 (rear) which rubbed a bit so wouldnt recomend so swaped for a michelin AC10 which is w@*k on the road but not too bad off but theres better.

i think a fair compromise is the conti escape, i had em on my honda SLR and they do both jobs reasonably well,they will never be the same as out and out knobblies off road, but will be a lot better on the road avon distnazias are similar but more expensive and not quite so good off road i find

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online