NW200 road race

Lew
This post is 5467 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi , Just back from the NW200 road races in N Ireland. I have been looking forward to them all year. Gutted about the death of Mark Young as any road race fan would be.

Okay the weather was hit and miss and we lost the last two races. Safety first is always paramount but the fannying around and time wasted about should we call it a wet race or a dry race lost so much time and I suspect pressure from elsewhere ruined what should have been a terrific end to the 80th year of running this great event.

Let's pray there will be no more fatalities anywhere in the road racing events to come or anywhere else in motor cycle sport , but please organisors would it be possible to put traffic calming measures in place if the weather turns iffy so we could still close out an event and not cut two races from the day.

I refer to a no passing rule at say Mathers Cross or 3rd gear only rule if we deem the cross wind speed to be excessive.

Let's keep it safe but we can make it sensible.

No doubt I will get a few comments back but only trying to come up with a solution to protect competitors and fans alike.

Lew : :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online