yb100 front mudguard

alec2507
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone, i'm getting there gradually with my yb100 but i cant locate a front mudguard, has anyone got any ideas, i have been told they are the same as the fs1e but they are hard to find too, any ideas would be appreciated. cheers alec

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello everyone, i'm getting there gradually with my yb100 but i cant locate a front mudguard, has anyone got any ideas, i have been told they are the same as the fs1e but they are hard to find too, any ideas would be appreciated. cheers alec

Hi Alec,

the YB100 mudguard is different to the FS1 but have a look at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YG1-...sQ5fAccessories this may help you out. An FS1 fender may fit but it was designed to radius a 17 inch wheel were as the YB has an 18 inch wheel.here is an FS1 fender http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-FS1E-FIZZY-50...%3A1%7C294%3A50

hope this helps

Regards Jim

.......now if you could track down one for a 74dt175 with a 19" wheel

(it dosent have to be same year or O.E. just fit.)

i would be in your debt jim.......

.......now if you could track down one for a 74dt175 with a 19" wheel

(it dosent have to be same year or O.E. just fit.)

i would be in your debt jim.......

Hi Dave,

I guess your after the original metal low fender (well that's what was fittind to the UK bikes). If so do you have the chrome mounting brackets or would you need those 2 ?

Regards Jim

Hi Alec,

the YB100 mudguard is different to the FS1 but have a look at this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YG1-...sQ5fAccessories this may help you out. An FS1 fender may fit but it was designed to radius a 17 inch wheel were as the YB has an 18 inch wheel.here is an FS1 fender http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YAMAHA-FS1E-FIZZY-50...%3A1%7C294%3A50

hope this helps

Regards Jim

Thanks Jim, i'll keep my eye on those, alec

Alec

are you after originality or do yo just want to get on the road. thismudguard may do the trick from M&P £25

Merv

Hi Merv,

I do hope the piccy is just for illustration only ! It shows a totally wrong mount for FS1/YB, the money is good as long as they do the correct mount points

Regards Jim

jim

The piccy is as it comes,it is not meant to be a replica guard, it is a universal mudguard nothing at all like anything else really, although from a distance Stevie Wonder could mistake it for a RD mudguard, but it would get a bike through an mot and keep it on the road, you have to drill your own holes in the brackets, and they do rust quite well if not cared for

Merv

jim

The piccy is as it comes,it is not meant to be a replica guard, it is a universal mudguard nothing at all like anything else really, although from a distance Stevie Wonder could mistake it for a RD mudguard, but it would get a bike through an mot and keep it on the road, you have to drill your own holes in the brackets, and they do rust quite well if not cared for

Merv

Hi Merv

TBH it looks like an RD200 fender which would need most of the bracket cut away (to make it look good/acceptable on a YB) and the need to drill holes vertically (rather than horizontal, as per pic) may cause a problem as the bracket/brace may not have enough room to drill the required holes ... I would guess it would have been in M&P's interest to show the fender alone rather than fitted so the bracket/brace could be seen.

Regards Jim

Alec

are you after originality or do yo just want to get on the road. thismudguard may do the trick from M&P £25

Merv

Merv

thanks for that it looks a good idea rather than trying to locate an original and to be honest who other than a yb100 nut would notice,

cheers alec

Ok look with what jim is saying let me post a pic of the 120 mm one i have it sold on bay recently but i have not been paid yet so it is still here, then you can judge for yourself if it is any good

merv

DSCF0887.jpg

Ok look with what jim is saying let me post a pic of the 120 mm one i have it sold on bay recently but i have not been paid yet so it is still here, then you can judge for yourself if it is any good

merv

DSCF0887.jpg

I bought one of these recently for my Kwak - the chrome finish is not great (ie it won't last long if you leave the bike outside) and the tin is a bit thin - but it looks the business - although it was fun drilling the mounting holes.............not!

BTW - alec glad to have been of help on the YB - my pleasure - anytime.

:D

merv

DSCF0887.jpg

Hi Merv,

the holes would be needed to be drilled where the slot in the brace is !

Regards Jim

yes i thought as much Jim

i remembered the layout for the YB and FS when you said, i have not worked on a FS for 3 or 4 years now and seen a YB close up apart from at shows for over 30

merv

Does anyone know if the rs125 mudguard will fit the basic design is similar, heres a pic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

Hi Alec,

That is close and should fit as from the photo it appears to be a drum brake version but I would check that it does fit the drum brake model as the disc varient's r/h mount is bent to accomodate the brake caliper.

Regards Jim

yes i thought as much Jim

i remembered the layout for the YB and FS when you said, i have not worked on a FS for 3 or 4 years now and seen a YB close up apart from at shows for over 30

merv

Hi Merv,

how old is that fender ? or do they come with the 'vintage' look as standard ? :D

Regards Jim

Jim

they do not come like that but develop that vintage look very quickly. i dunno how old that was it was one of a pair i got attached to some suzi Gn250,s one my daughter used to ride and i got a good secondhand gen one from Germany for it and the other i just broke for spares, I dunno what happened to the other one

merv

Jim

they do not come like that but develop that vintage look very quickly. i dunno how old that was it was one of a pair i got attached to some suzi Gn250,s one my daughter used to ride and i got a good secondhand gen one from Germany for it and the other i just broke for spares, I dunno what happened to the other one

merv

Hi Merv,

perhaps it just rotted away :D

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online