dt 125 problems

leigh dt 125
This post is 5476 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi ive got a dt 125 r 2002 ,

i think its lost some power beacuse first of all it was 75mph top speed on the clock, but now it struggles to go over 55mph and its never got to 75mph since

any suggestions thanks :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi ive got a dt 125 r 2002 ,

i think its lost some power beacuse first of all it was 75mph top speed on the clock, but now it struggles to go over 55mph and its never got to 75mph since

any suggestions thanks :)

Hi Leigh,

since when ? have you altered the bike some how or when did the perfomance drop off ?

Regards Jim

Hi Leigh,

since when ? have you altered the bike some how or when did the perfomance drop off ?

Regards Jim

ive had the bike for about 2 months and within that first week of having it, it was fine then about 2 weeks after, it started to lose power, and no havnt done anything to the bike except clean it :)

but i was clocked at 65 in my dads car but my spedo said 55 so it might just be the spedos wrong but im not sure

ive had the bike for about 2 months and within that first week of having it, it was fine then about 2 weeks after, it started to lose power, and no havnt done anything to the bike except clean it :)

but i was clocked at 65 in my dads car but my spedo said 55 so it might just be the spedos wrong but im not sure

Hi Leigh,

how many miles has the bike covered ?

Regards Jim

its done about 7700miles

Hi Leigh,

if the bike has not been serviced it may require one .... 2 stroke motors tend to build up carbon within the exhaust system which tends to restrict them, can you 'red line' the bike in the gears above third ? If not this would indicate a carbon build up. The speedo error you have is quite great and it may be worth checking this out also (assuming the old man's car's clock is correct !

Regards Jim

Hi Leigh,

if the bike has not been serviced it may require one .... 2 stroke motors tend to build up carbon within the exhaust system which tends to restrict them, can you 'red line' the bike in the gears above third ? If not this would indicate a carbon build up. The speedo error you have is quite great and it may be worth checking this out also (assuming the old man's car's clock is correct !

Regards Jim

no i cant red line it above 3rd gear , maybe best to get it serviced because first thing in the morning it smokes so much untill its warmed up properly

thanks for the help :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online