Yamaha TT 500- Need Help!

gfrench
This post is 5491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Newbe with a 78 Yamaha 500 Thumper-

I have been a 2-stroke guy and completed many restro projects.

I have always wanted a TT500 4-stroker and was able to pick one up in very good condition but will not start.

I feel it may be a timing and/or tune-up issue as the spark does not seem to be consistent. Got a couple sputters and small backfire and that is it so far.

Any help on where I should start to get this bike running?

Thanks for any help!

Greg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, gfrench.I have the Full Service manual for your TT 500. Tell me if you want it , in order to upload it, as it weights almost 130 mb.

I think that having a manual is the first thing you should get, before starting.

;)

Hi, gfrench.I have the Full Service manual for your TT 500. Tell me if you want it ,

I agree- That would be extremely helpful. I cleaned the points yesterday and now how a good spark. Just need to go thru it step by step- by checking the Carb, timing etc..

Pleas send the manual- Thanks for your help. I may have more questions for you later-

I am having issues with my computer- Can you e-mail the manual to both of my e-mail addresses-

gfrench586ATaol.com and frenchgATcoramhc.com

Appreciate it!

please dont put emails online, you will get spammed, just put the AT to confound web crawlers, drewps

Greg

Gfrench, ¿ have you ever tried to email a file of 130 mb ? it is quite impossible, as i only have 1.5 mb of bandwith,and it takes more or less an hour and a quarter, to finish the upload.If the mail box remains open for such an amount of time,it closes for security issues, and closes the connection.

That ´s the reason why I do not mail manuals, i upload them to a site,give you a link and you can download it from there.

;)

Gfrench, ¿ have you ever tried to email a file of 130 mb ? it is quite impossible, as i only have 1.5 mb of bandwith,and it takes more or less an hour and a quarter, to finish the upload.If the mail box remains open for such an amount of time,it closes for security issues, and closes the connection.

That ´s the reason why I do not mail manuals, i upload them to a site,give you a link and you can download it from there.

;)

I understand.

I think what I need is to understand how to set the timining- adjustment of the Cam Chain, Points etc..

I am also needing Carb info as I need to go thru it to make sure it is working properly.

I have a good Spark- so it has to be fuel- air or timing.

Thanks again- Greg

I will look out for the link when you get it posted.

Yamaha TT 500 years 76/81-Clymer :

http://file.it/43ckqx 142 mb

Clic on "request download ticket" and again on "descargar".

:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online