Help Yamaha YBR 125

happy333
This post is 5501 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I've got a Yamaha YBR 125, havent used it much over the winter, but took it down to be serviced last week. Went to use it last weekend and after about 2h was coming home and the bike kept of stalling when it was in low gear. You can hear the revs drop and then go completely. Ive been reading I should adjust the idle swith but could someone tell me where to find this as I only found the battery the other week!

Ta

x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I've got a Yamaha YBR 125, havent used it much over the winter, but took it down to be serviced last week. Went to use it last weekend and after about 2h was coming home and the bike kept of stalling when it was in low gear. You can hear the revs drop and then go completely. Ive been reading I should adjust the idle swith but could someone tell me where to find this as I only found the battery the other week!

Ta

x

Ive have been told the following information:

It is underneath the bottom,front center of the carb.

Start with it about one and half turns out from bottom and adjust it in or out until you get the fastest smoothest idle.

Often if the air screw has little effect it means your carb or jets need cleaning.

Also check that the choke cable is adjusted okay.

Not my words but i hope this helps, also depends what year your bike is as the later fuel injected models 2007-on have idle and choke management systems i believe.

Good luck

Ive have been told the following information:

It is underneath the bottom,front center of the carb.

Start with it about one and half turns out from bottom and adjust it in or out until you get the fastest smoothest idle.

Often if the air screw has little effect it means your carb or jets need cleaning.

Also check that the choke cable is adjusted okay.

Not my words but i hope this helps, also depends what year your bike is as the later fuel injected models 2007-on have idle and choke management systems i believe.

Good luck

Thanks Ill sort it out this afternoon.